The North Ottawa Medical Group wants to be your Medical Home. A Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a trusting partnership between a doctor led health care team and an informed patient. It includes an agreement between the doctor and the patient that acknowledges the role of each in a total health care program.
- Ask what your goal is, or what you want to do to improve your health
- Ask you to help us plan your care, and to let us know if you think you can follow the plan
- Create written copies of care plans for more complex illnesses
- Have the care team members doing more and/or different parts of care like exploring methods to care for you better; including ways to help you care for yourself.
- Remind you when tests are due so that you can receive the best quality care
- Ask you to have blood tests done before your visit so that the doctor has the results at your visit
We trust you, our patient, to:
- Tell us what you know about your health and illnesses, including any medications you are taking
- Take part in planning your care, including educating yourself about wellness and how to prevent disease
- Follow the care plan that is agreed upon-or let us know why you cannot so that we can try to help, or change the plan
- Seek our advice before you see other physicians. We may be able to care for you and we know about the strengths of various specialists. And let us know when you do see other doctors. Ask them to send us a report so we know about your care and what medications they put you on or changed.
- Learn about your insurance so you know what it covers.
- Respect us as individuals and partners in your care by keeping your appointments as scheduled, or call and let us know when you cannot and pay your share of the visit fee when you are seen in the office.
- Give us feedback so we can improve our services (we may survey you in the future to understand this better.)
We will continue to:
- Provide you with a care team led by your physician who will know you and your family. We will strive to meet your needs.
- Respect you as an individual-we will not make judgments based on race, religion, sex, age, disability, etc.
- Respect your privacy-your medical information will not be shared with anyone unless you give us permission or it is required by law.
- Give care that is based on quality and safety.
- Have a doctor on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Tell you about your health and illnesses in a way you can understand so that together we can take care of short or long term illness and give advice to help you stay healthy.
- To improve your care we are using technology - like our patient registry and e-prescribing.
As part of our Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) orientation, we will ask you to acknowledge your agreement to the enclosed and we will acknowledge our agreement to you. Our goal has been to provide excellent care for you.
We desire to get better and better.
We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with medical services. The information is designed to answer the questions most frequently asked by our patients. We want you to know our policies and methods of practice.
If you have any questions, please ask us. We also have a number of community resources that could be helpful for you.